This is an excellent opportunity for a healthcare assistant with a keen interest in the clinical trials or the pharmaceutical industry to play an implemental role in driving this organisation towards success.
Synexus has a great team of professional, smart and energetic people. We focus on continued professional development, engaging and supporting the team within in order to reach the common goals of the business. We also offer a competitive benefits package consisting of, but not limited to, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance, Private Health Insurance*, Profit sharing bonuses*, Childcare Vouchers.
* Dependant on role
As a Clinical Trial Assistant you will support the clinical team by assisting in the planning and conduct of clinical studies. This includes liaising with patients to facilitate the efficient running of the study, performing clinical tasks and maintaining records when a study is in progress. The main objective of this role will be looking after the general well-being and comfort of patients whilst they are in attendance at one of research centres.
Your key accountabilities will be:
* Welcoming patients to the research centre and ensuring that they are comfortable whilst at site
* Liaising with the nurses or physicians prior to patient examination
* Preparing patients for clinical procedures
* Chaperoning patients prior to, during, and after clinical procedures when required
* Collecting and recording study data by performing assessments, such as ECGs, Blood Pressure, pulse, temps, obtaining blood samples, laboratory processing or any other clinical assessment as required
* Accurately recording patient data as required
* Performing Patient Characterisation visits
* Daily clinical room preparation and monitoring/ordering of the clinical supplies
As a successful Clinical Trial Assistant, you will likely have:
* NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or a good level of working experience within clinical trials or in a similar role
* Experience of working as a healthcare assistant or phlebotomist
* Good working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) or willing to understand
* Appropriate MS Office skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Alternative Job Titles: Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Phlebotomist, Healthcare Assistant (HCA), Healthcare Technician, Auxiliary Nurse
About the company
Synexus is a rapidly growing multi-national involved in the clinical trial space with 24 dedicated research centres across seven countries and two continents. We aim to be the patients' choice for clinical research. Our team of highly trained and dedicated staff live the Synexus values of patient engagement, integrity, empowerment, customer service and expertise. Synexus is consistently growing; both organically and through strategic acquisitions, if you would like to find out more about this success story in the making, please visit us at [URL removed]