As part of a cross functional project team the Electronic Engineer will be responsible for the design, enhancement and maintenance of our products. You will work closely with fellow engineers and support our products and product assemblies from production release throughout production life and service. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Support products and product assemblies from production release throughout production life and service.
- Utilise excellent troubleshooting skills with hands on approach to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Complete product design enhancement projects; improve reliability and upgrade current designs leading to increased value and customer satisfaction.
- Provide hands on engineering support to production process including design, build and/or testing of fixtures and prototypes.
- Assist technical service teams with field application issues as necessary.
- Directly apply knowledge in electronics and electro-optics to execute overall project assignments.
- Hold design reviews for modules and subsystems. Participate in design reviews of other team members.
- Learn and practice the BD Global Product Development System phase gate design process. Conduct project work in compliance with BD internal processes, ISO 9001, and FDA cGMP standards for the design of Medical Devices.
- Interact closely with software, systems, mechanical and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
- Interact with Manufacturing, Medical, Regulatory, Quality and Field Service throughout product life cycle providing technical assessments and communications to business leadership.
Whilst it is not essential that you have experience within the Medical Devices industry, this, or exposure to instrumentation or automation tools would be highly desirable. You should have a clear understanding of design control preferably within a highly regulated or process oriented environment.
You must have proven experience in electrical hardware design with “off the shelf” embedded computer systems, single board computers, and their associated hardware peripherals such as LCDs, touchscreens, and storage devices.
A degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent with experience in PCB layout, construction and test techniques is essential. You should be familiar with embedded programming in Assembler, C and VHDL languages and have practical knowledge of digital logic circuit design using micro-controllers, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs.
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. But we serve all of them with one single and relentless human purpose: advancing the world of health. This single purpose drives each of our employees around the world in making a difference in the lives of millions.
We are expanding our footprint across Ireland which a new state of the art office opening in the next few months. Join us and be part of a passionate team of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of people all around the world.
Our people have discovered the difference, now its your turn!