Location, Amersham, Buckinghamshire
The GE Healthcare Medical Diagnostics division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Biology group and help in vitro and in vivo diagnostic agents.
As a senior scientist you will be part of a dynamic team of experts including in vivo imaging, chemistry and imaging analysis specialists.
We are looking to expand our expertise and build on our existing pre-clinical studies teams within the disease areas of oncology, neurology & cardiology, to provide the tools to make confide
* Provide leadership and conduct research to develop cutting edge technology for the diagnosis of disease.
* Provide hands-on technical leadership to assess and interpret the efficacy of novel diagnostic tests (in vivo and in vitro).
* Plan and perform histology based experiments to identify and validate new targets and biomarkers.
* Have a working knowledge of a wide range of protein, arrays and/or molecular RNA expression based in vitro diagnostics technologies.
* Responsible for studies to identify and validate preclinical models appropriate for the evaluation of new imaging targets.
* Work with a diverse multidisciplinary team in a matrix organization across geographical boundaries complimenting the work of in vitro assay development, chemistry, in vivo imaging and imaging analysis specialists.
* Support project team leaders and program managers to implement the goals of the Medical Diagnostics program.
* Present findings to the project teams and business leaders within the Medical Diagnostics group.
* Supervise necropsies and evaluate tissues and clinical pathology data generated from research and toxicology studies in multiple species.
* Contribute to the team's reputation through peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
* Post graduate qualification or equivalent in a Life Science field with significant experience in histology or pathophysiology in a drug discovery R&D setting. Veterinary qualification or Senior Biomedical scientist with suitable experience also considered.
* Strong analytic skills: able to make rational decisions based on multiple sources of information.
* Able to work both independently and within multidisciplinary teams in a dynamic environment.
* Broad interest in physiology and strong background in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular, oncology or neurology.
* Understanding of protein expression, cellular and biochemical analysis, automated analytical systems and experimental design is preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and time management skills: able to work in and supervise a diverse team.
* Clear and structured report-writing skills.
* Excellent communication skills in the English Language.
* Academic or industrial experience in development of functional imaging agents.
* Experience and/or formal training in pathology and histological techniques.
* Ability to occasionally travel internationally to work with global team members.
* Experience in immunohistochemistry, molecular pathology, tissue arrays, in vivo biology, cellular and biochemical analysis, automated analytical systems and experimental design.
* Good IT skills.
* Experience working across multiple functions and regions.
To apply, please click on "Apply Now"
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Salary : Excellent Package
Date Advertised : 03 May 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.