Multi Skilled Engineer (Night Shift)
£46k - £52k pa + Bonus + Benefits| Cheshire| Permanent
This is initially a 2 year fixed term contract on the night shift with the possibility of becoming a permanent role.
* Undertake planned preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, repair activities and inspection routines on facilities and equipment as required.
* Undertake non-routine improvement work on facilities and equipment.
* Advise where changes to existing systems and equipment will facilitate efficiency improvements or direct cost savings to be made or improve compliance.
* To undertake installation, commissioning and qualification activities.
* To improve the operation of manufacturing, filling and packaging equipment and site services plant and equipment through the application of problem solving and continuous improvement techniques and liaison with original machine and packaging suppliers.
* Completion of cGMP documentation (e.g log books, cleaning records) as required.
* To maintain equipment in accordance with the planned schedules and adhering to site and corporate safety and cGMP standards (additionally identifying parts, further interventions and recommending changes to schedules as required). All associated documentation is completed in line with Company standards.
* To identify and purchase required spares and consumables for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
* To help organise and participate in equipment and statutory planned shutdowns.
* Nationally recognised Apprenticeship, or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering plus an NVQ level 3 in a secondary engineering discipline which will include Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
* Computer literacy for site systems
* Proven experience post apprenticeship in an engineering environment within the pharmaceutical or related industry
* Capable of operating in a multi-skilled environment with a high degree of 'troubleshooting' skills combined with the ability to make decisions and operate with minimum supervision.
* Strong team player with open communication style, the ability to direct and train operators, apprentices, suppliers and tradesmen if and when required.
* Familiarity with PC based systems (e.g. Maximo)
* Familiarity with Finance systems for Purchasing spares and services.
* Performing Risk Assessments with a high level of health & safety awareness within their environment.
* Company Bonus
* 25 days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
* Private Medical Insurance
* Private Dental Cover
* Life Assurance
* Critical Illness Cover
* Child Care Vouchers
* Free Parking