Title: QC Senior Scientist
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive + 24 Days Holiday + Pension
Catalent require a QC Senior Scientist to join our Quality Chemistry team. This is a full time role to be based at our Swindon manufacturing site.
The successful candidate will conduct analysis as required by the role, in support of QC Release, Stability and in-process Validation, with day to day guidance as appropriate.
Our Mission is to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives.
- To have detailed knowledge and be able to conduct Finished Product QC release testing as required by the role with daily supervision as required using techniques such as Balances, pH meter, UV, Karl Fisher, FT-IR, TLC, Dissolution, HPLC (to include degradation analysis), Coulometric Karl Fisher,
- To be able to perform basic trouble shooting for all laboratory equipment.
- To be able to generate a detailed test plan for a validation project, including the creation of an Analytical Summary Report.
- To be able to write or check a stability report based on the protocol and test results generated.
- Be able to complete entries for the receiving of product for testing on the product tracking sheets, including the understanding of testing timelines in conjunction with Customer Request Dates.
- Responsibility of the planning of the workload of the wider team as required.
- Influences and implements best practices wrt Lab methodology and procedures.
- Be able to perform preliminary investigations of deviations, complete investigation forms and write basic deviation reports.
- Identifies own training needs and performs training of other as required by line management.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Reporting of own results and the data verification other scientists results for QC Release, Stability and In-Process Validation as required by the role.
- To ensure all analysis is conducted in accordance with company procedures.
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally have working knowledge of the following Quality system:
- o LIMS; Entering and checking of results & receiving of batches.
- o Qumas; printing documents and creation of complex Change Requests.
- o Trackwise; Writing of basic OOS/ATR’s or method deviation reports, including the recommendation of effective CAPA’s.
- Be able to understand and implement lab ordering processes via VMI and Kanban systems.
- Maintain personal and communal laboratory areas in line with 5S principles.
Why Work for Us:
Our Vision is to be the world’s most trusted, reliable and innovative drug development and delivery
partner by upholding the highest industry standards and exceeding customer expectations, while driving
strong, sustained growth for the company.
Competitive salary package + 24 days holiday + Contributory Pension
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit ****************
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to *****************. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.