Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharmaceutical companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We have positioned ourselves right in the middle of the action, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, paediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic SAS Programmer to join our team! In this position, you'll be responsible for the production of clinical data project deliverables and the general support of the Biometrics department through the development of programs, macros, tools and utilities within the CRO industry.
You'll be Accountable for:
- Developing computer programs using SAS and performing the necessary manipulations to import complex external data into SAS or export SAS output to other computer files
- Developing computer programs, using primarily SAS, to create very complex derived data sets (e.g., adverse events with multiple merging and cleaning procedures).
- Assisting with the development of advanced computer programs, using SAS and other software to perform system tasks and macros/utilities to increase the quality and efficiency with which results are produced
- Ensuring that programs are documented in accordance with Working Guidelines
- Preparing documents to describe SAS programs and databases for large projects
- Performing group and departmental Quality Control (QC) procedures
You'll also Contribute by:
- Assisting with the development of computer programs, using primarily SAS, which generate complex listings, tables (including those with descriptive and standard inferential statistics in collaboration with a Statistician), and complex graphs
You'll Need This Background to be Considered:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level, or equivalent. In lieu of this qualification, previous relevant experience in clinical research, drug development or healthcare environment will be required
- Previous experience programming with SAS in support of data management and/or biostatistics functions.
- Must have proven experience in all primary job functions
Expertise and know-how
- Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL programming. Proficient in SAS programming, including BASE, FSP and SAS macro programming
- Understanding of SAS database structures and experience with at least one Clinical Database Management System (e.g. Oracle Clinical, Clintrial, eDM, etc.)
- Fluent English communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
Personal skills & behaviours:
- Enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team
- Capable of handling multiple priorities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, take initiative and follow through on own
- Attention to detail and ability to independently resolve a variety of issues without close supervision
- Able to think creatively
- Excellent customer relation skills
If you are looking for a career within a transparent and non-hierarchical organisation then please apply. We are open minded and flexible regarding the talent we recruit, ultimately we are looking for people who will share in our vision and realise the importance of communication, building relationships and adhering to the highest quality standards.
Please note, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK in order to apply for this role.
Keywords:- SAS Programmer, SAS Programming, CRO, Clinical, SQL, PL/SQL, Clintrial, eDM, OracleClinical, BASE, FSP, SAS Macro Programming