Location: North West or home-based
Salary - Highly Competitive with great benefits
A front-line role, working closely with clients and key external experts, you will gain experience in a number of exciting therapeutic areas and have responsibility for leading client programme work. You will be responsible for the development of high-quality content across the spectrum of medical communications, from publications, scientific meetings and digital, through to strategic planning and early phase communications.
Qualifications / skills desired
* Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science
* Depth and breadth of editorial experience with several years at Senior Medical Writer level or above in a communications agency environment
* Good knowledge of a number of therapeutic areas, plus the pharmaceutical industry (drug development, pharmaceutical regulations, marketing)
* Attention to detail - style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc.
* Excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong project management skills
* Act as the lead scientific services contact for specified accounts and liaise with clients, healthcare professionals, external service providers and other external bodies; includes leading client & KEE meetings to develop scientific content for live projects
* Research and write content to the highest scientific and grammatical standards for a full range of medical communications materials (e.g. manuscripts, abstracts, posters, oral presentations, print items and digital), and target audiences
* Ensure accurate interpretation and incorporation of amendments from clients, KEEs and other project stakeholders
* Coach and assist in the training and development of junior writers; review and QC projects to ensure quality standards are consistently achieved
* Support and input into new business activities, including attending pitches to demonstrate the agency's depth and breadth of scientific expertise
* Collaborate with the client services team to maximise organic growth within existing accounts
Excellent writing and leadership skills, team player, proactive, outstanding attention to detail, good communication skills, results focused.
If interested, please get in contact with Georgia on [Phone number removed]
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.