Technical Scientist - Biopharmaceuticals
Dependent on experience| Wrexham| Permanent
As the Technical Scientist you will be involved with formulation development, high throughput screening and analysis, and analytical development.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to develop and gain experience within analytical and formulation development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Scientist - Formulation will be mostly laboratory based, and will provide an enthusiastic scientist with the opportunity to gain experience and develop their career with a well established business. Your key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Write and execute protocols and reports that are required within the Formulation development department to meet requirements for GMP biologics manufacture - this could include HPLC, FTIR, GC, UV, ELISA, activity assays, etc. Ensure experimental work is recorded in appropriately controlled laboratory books or protocols in accordance with the requirements of GxP.
2. Manage consumable inventory levels within the laboratory and ensure that equipment maintenance and calibration is performed in line with approved procedures.
3. Provide support for external collaborations to assist in development of new technologies for formulation development. Proactively seek and develop new methods and processes that would enhance the understanding and robustness of processes. Provide feedback on potential new methods or equipment including presentation of early trial data.
4. Prepare SOPs for processes/methods, assist in the preparation of Training Packages, and perform training. Ensure training on methods equipment is up to date and in line with requirements for execution of experimental plans and required analysis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a life sciences graduate or a life scientist looking to develop further within their career. To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Scientist - Formulation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an appropriate life sciences discipline, eg. Biochemistry, Biology. You should also have gained some relevant industrial experience within the biopharmaceutical or biotech industries either within previous employment or during an industry placement at university.
2. Proven experience in delivering work packages, developing protocols and reporting.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of routine methods, including HPLC, FTIR, GC, UV, ELISA and activity assays, specific to the analysis of biologics.
Key Words: Analytical Development | Formulation Development | Biologics | Biotechnology | Biopharmaceutical | HPLC | ELISA | FTIR | GC | UV | activity assays |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.